In recent days the TDA has received several emails and phone calls from members about an email from CE Broker that has resulted in confusion. The Tennessee Board of Dentistry has partnered with CE Broker to assist licensees in tracking the required continuing education. Dentists can use CE Broker as a tool to track continuing education hours, but its use is not a requirement for continuing education compliance. In 2018, the TDA Board of Trustees discussed this option, but voted in favor of maintaining the TDA's current ACE/CE program.
TDA members may continue to use the TDA’s free ACE/CE reporting system to track their continuing education hours and ensure their continuing education courses meet the Tennessee Board of Dentistry requirements. The ACE reporting system is a member benefit.
Members interested in exploring CE Broker can visit the Board of Dentistry website for additional details. There is no charge to licensees for the basic account through CE Broker, although there are additional paid account options.
As we approach the end of the year, we encourage members to view their ACE report and ensure CE requirements are completed or on target for completion. Please note, you will need your ADA number and password to view your ACE/CE report.
As a reminder:
- Dentists are all required to fulfill 40 hours of continuing education during the
two-calendar year cycle (January 1 of an odd year - December 31 of an even year) and keep a current C.P.R. card at all times.
- Dentists must obtain a minimum of 2 of the required 40 biennial hours in the area of prescribing of controlled substances education, which includes instruction in the TN Chronic Pain Guidelines.
- Dentists who hold a Limited Conscious Sedation, Comprehensive Conscious Sedation or Deep Sedation/General Anesthesia permit must also complete a minimum of 4 hours of the required 40 biennial hours in the subject of sedation and/or anesthesia. Permit holders must also maintain current ACLS certification (PALS can be substituted if a pediatric dentist).
According to the Tennessee Board of Dentistry rules, acceptable continuing education courses must be sponsored or approved by specific organizations - you can view those organizations here.
Members can submit continuing education to the TDA via:
- Email to Ms. Lisa Rife at LKR@tenndental.org
- Fax 615-628-0214
- Physical Mail | 660 Bakers Bridge Ave. Ste. 300, Franklin TN 37067
- ACE Reporting System
For additional assistance or questions related to ACE reporting/CE, please contact the TDA Executive Office at 615-628-0208 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.